Monday, July 14, 2008
People in our lives
I have come to realize people come and go from our lives and that our lives change as we grow and become wise. I have realized that some people that I thought were my friends were only for the wrong reason or because I have this void in my life where I needed to help someone so I would try to be a friend to some one who I thought needed help, only to find it to be draining to me. So I have cleared my life of them, and I am trying to not get sucked back to that type of friendship. I want friends who are there when the going is good or when it is not going so hot. I want friends who I can trust with anything and and try and use what ever I tell them in confidence against me when something in the friendship goes amuck. I want someone who is honest, trusting and who has goals in life. Not someone who thinks the world owes them something, and a person who can take responsibility for their actions as an adult and not place blame. I have cut ties since my mom passed away with a few people who I thought were my friends, but turned out not to be the kind of friend I needed. It wasn't easy and it took some time, but I know that one day I will have great friends like the few I have now who mean the world to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
A-MEN sistah! I'm totally with you on this one, we're both such giving people that I think we forget that relationship are supposed to be give and take, not just give! Love you!
Post a Comment